Today is International Women’s Day so we’ve gathered together 11 inspiring quotes, all from extraordinary women to help you with your study (and life in general)…
Where would we be without the insight and advice of others? Take note of this advice from some remarkable and experienced women:
1. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
Remember, you aren’t expected to achieve great things straight away. Everything grows from something small; usually all it takes is one idea with some potential.
2. “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
All achievements take hard work! It might be daunting thinking about all the people who inspire you and how effortlessly it looks like they got to where they want to be – but that simply isn’t the case. Hard work and dedication is essential.
3. “You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.” – Leymah Gbowee
Don’t worry about failure – be bold! If you want to achieve something you need to take risks in your actions. Sometimes you need to put yourself and your goals first in order to reach your goals. Go and make some footprints!
4. “Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg
This is a particularly relevant piece of advice to those of you working on assignments, dissertations and theses. Perfection is unattainable. Instead, strive for excellence and you might actually get to submit something you’re pleased with.
5. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” – Arianna Huffington
Stop comparing yourself to others – rather, concentrate on yourself and your own steps to improvement. Everyone works at different paces and has different goals so it’s futile trying to reach someone else’s finish line. Stick to your own track and keep your eyes on your own goals.
6. “We need to start work with the idea that we’re going to learn every day. I learn, even at my position, every single day.” – Chanda Kochhar
Don’t be put out if you don’t know something or someone gives you points for improvement. Take these as new bits of information to help improve yourself, your knowledge or your skills. With a positive outlook and a keen interest in self-improvement, you can grow.
7. “I try to live in a little bit of my own joy and not let people steal it or take it.” – Hoda Kotb
Hoda Kotb says it all – don’t let others put you down!
8. “I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” – Joan Rivers
Take opportunities when they come. Life is full of surprises and opportunities so make the most of them. Sometimes we obsess over our desired path and miss alternative routes or opportunities. Try and be flexible – you might miss out on some great things if you aren’t.
9. “When I’m tired, I rest. I say, ‘I can’t be a superwoman today.’” – Jada Pinkett Smith
Take breaks: enjoy some sunshine, make a nice lunch, take the weekend to visit friends. We can’t be highly productive all-day everyday so take some time off when you need it.
10. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down.” —Michelle Obama
Surround yourself with positive people. We all need people to lean on so make sure you chose some good-uns!
11. “I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you, I know that’s easier said than done but keep trying. –Beyoncé
Hard work does reap rewards. It might be hard to see at the time, and often overwhelming, but keep at it and it will pay off.
And if all else fails, listen to some Beyoncé.
Like this? Tweet this!